Support From Outside the Walls Training 9
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6-8PM
Trainers, Rebekah Evenson, Alison Hardy, Prison Law Office
1201 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Ste. 200 (Accessible)
Close to 12th St Bart, Oakland
1 Hour General CLE Credit & 1 Hour Elimination of Bias CLE Credit
Participants will learn how to:
- Write effective advocacy letters with the goal of obtaining medical or mental health care, or disability accommodation.
- Use medical and c-file records.
- Perform and incorporate basic research on medical, mental health, and disability issues, as well as how to find and use experts.
- Pursue strategies once the internal grievance process is completed.
- Identify whether people are class members in existing class action suits, and how to connect with attorneys monitoring treatment of class members.